Joe Biden announced Kamala Harris as his vice presidential running mate in his bid to unseat President Donald Trump in November. Biden has quite the anti-Life record himself, but Harris is one of the most radically pro-abortion figures in American politics!
Take a look at Harris’s pro-abortion record.
Pro-Life Texans look forward to the defeat of Biden-Harris and their wicked ideology in November.
- Voted AGAINST the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act (S. 109, 1/17/2019) — Harris voted against this bill, which would prohibit federal tax dollars from funding abortion and health care plans that include coverage of abortion. S. 109 would also prevent federal tax dollars from being entangled in abortion coverage under Obamacare.
- Voted AGAINST the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (S. 3275, 2/25/2020) — Harris voted against banning abortions after 5 months of pregnancy, the point at which the preborn child can feel pain.
- Co-sponsored the Equal Access to Abortion Coverage in Health Insurance (EACH Woman) Act (S.758, 2019) — Harris co-sponsored this bill to force Americans to pay for others’ abortions through health insurance.
- Co-sponsored the Women’s Health Protection Act (S.1645, 2019; and S.510, 2017) — Harris co-sponsored this bill which sought to strip states (and any government) of their ability to write any Pro-Life laws whatsoever. This would legalize abortion until birth, and make abortion the mandatory standard in all 50 states.
Details: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/1645/ and https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/510
- Co-sponsored the State Public Option Act (S.489, 2019) — Harris co-sponsored this bill which would have required state Medicaid programs to cover abortion
- Co-sponsored the Put Patients First Act (S.2836, 2019) — Harris co-sponsored this bill which would have prevented the Department of Health and Human Services from enforcing laws that protect physicians’ conscience rights, effectively forcing them to commit abortions.
- Co-sponsored the Global Health, Empowerment and Rights Act (S.368, 2019) — Harris co-sponsored this bill which would have authorized tax dollars to fund global organizations that perform or actively promote abortions.
- Co-sponsored the Real Education for Healthy Youth Act (S.1524, 2019) — Harris co-sponsored this bill which would have promoted abortion through youth sex-ed programs
- Co-sponsored the Choose Medicare Act (S.1261, 2019; and S.2708, 2017) — Harris co-sponsored this bill which would have added elective abortion to Medicare part E plans.
Details: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/1261 and https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/2708
- Voted AGAINST an amendment to defund Planned Parenthood (H.R. 6157, 8/23/2018) — Senator Rand Paul offered an amendment to Fiscal Year 2019 Defense, Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act (H.R. 6157). The measure would protect tax dollars from funding Planned Parenthood and other abortion businesses.
- Targeted Pro-Life journalists (4/6/2016) — As attorney general, Harris raided the home of a Pro-Life undercover journalist who exposed Planned Parenthood trafficking aborted babies’ organs.
- Defended the Reproductive FACT Act (National Institute of Family and Life Advocates v. Harris, 2015) – As attorney general, Harris defended California’s “Reproductive FACT Act,” a law which would have forced Pro-Life pregnancy centers to promote abortion. The Supreme Court of the United States has since struck down the law.